Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Canyoning In Turrialba, Costa Rica




Explornatura is one of many tourism companies located in Turrialba, Costa Rica. One of their tours that I had the luck to be on was the Canyoning tour. Surprisingly, the tour began with a filling lunch. My tour guide, Jose, said I was gonna need it for the few hours ahead. Once we began hiking into the nearby forest I quickly realized what he meant. After tiring ourselves on a short hike with great views of the surrounding nature, we starting by repelling down a serious of four natural waterfalls. The largest of these was about 20 meters high - high enough to give most people a good thrill - but if your like me and already comfortable with heights, then they will at least cool you off with an adequate overabundance of fresh water. Also during the tour we went for a ride on four different zip-lines suspended across the tropic canopy, where, if you keep your eyes out, you can get lucky and catch a glimpse of several sloths that live in the area. Also, there was a balance bridge high up that gave even me, a gut-wrenching seeker, quivering feet. All in all, it was a great experience and for this reason I would suggest a trip to Turrialba to anyone visiting Costa Rica.

No comments:

Post a Comment